This week started with a doctor's appointment for me to review some blood tests and just have a chat with the doctor. All is well, so that was a relief. The knee still hurts all the time, but I'm determined not to let pain stop me from living and enjoying my life.
Tuesday was the last day of School for the grandkids. They were very happy. It seems like it's been a long year and they are tired. I'm tired of it too so I could relate. When they got home, the end of the year treasures went into their mom's treasure box for later perusal and their back packs and lunch pails got cleaned out and put away for the summer. Now the fun begins.
Wednesday, I had appointments in the morning and so our friend Rebecca came and stayed with the kids. We love Rebecca. She is a college student home for the summer and not working at a formal job yet so is pretty good about being able to come on a moment's notice and just stay till I get back. The kids like her too because she's young and not crabby like Grammy! I'm not crabby but I do get tired of the bickering and disagreements. I wonder sometimes if they aren't so used to doing it that they just argue without thinking.
Thursday, the Stake Family History Director had to go to Bishop's day at girls camp with her husband who is our bishop, and so she asked me to take care of the monthly Family History Inservice on the north side of our stake. We have two family history centers and so there is inservice for the workers each month at each one of the centers. Anyway, I went to teach the north part of the stake how to use google.com more effectively as a search engine for genealogy. It was fun except for the 3 hours between sessions. It was too far to just come home and so again Rebecca came and stayed with the kids. I got to get acquainted with some of the people from the other part of the stake and had a very enjoyable time. I was a bit nervous about the whole experience, but it turned out just fine so am pretty relieved really.
For several weeks now, I've been making batches of candy - peanut brittle and almond rocca for father's day gifts to the fathers in the ward. Our relief society president made cashew brittle, and I made peanut brittle and almond rocca and we put it together in small bags ready to give to the fathers tomorrow. Well, as it worked out, I wasn't able to help bag it up because I had to go back to Anaheim yesterday to take some papers, so I took my candy to our president and she and another sister who is on partial bedrest bagged it up. I hope the men enjoy it, it's was fun making it.
Apparently it is too humid here for peanut brittle. I made it just fine, but it did something it never does in Colorado and that is turn sticky and clump after breaking it up. It tastes wonderful, but you can't get it apart. Going to have to look for a different recipe before Christmas comes.
Today we put our square foot garden boxes together. Scott cut the lathe to put over the top and although we didn't get finished, (need more lathe) the tomatoes and pepers/chiles are planted. I killed the cucumbers with over watering. Of course, I got so excited about having a garden again, I bought the plants too early and they've been sitting in my kitchen. they got too big and not enough sun and so if they make it outside, it'll be a miracle. We'll see how it goes. This is an experiment.
The missionaries are coming for dinner tonight and I am making Navajo tacos so got the beans cooking and will get the meat out and ready to make up the chile soon. On to the sewing machine to make some bibs for a sister that just had a baby and then make up her box of goodies.
Aaron Jordan
Lovin Life
Kevin and Cat's Children
The New Baby