I'm not so sure I'm going to be good at this. Some days I can't even think of anything to say on the phone! Oh well, I have a good life and I'd like to share it with my friends and family so I thought this might be a good idea.
I take care of three of my grandkids that also live with us right now. This morning the older 2 had to be at school an hour early to get help with their math and reading. The program is called the Success Academy, great name don't you think?, and is for 45 minutes before school 3 days a week. Lyndsee who is in third grade struggles a bit with reading and math, and Taylor who is in fifth grade is behind in his math so this is an opportunity for them to catch up and catch on better. Lyndsee is very dedicated and wants to do well and get good grades so she is all for this new adventure. Taylor on the other hand would rather someone did the work for him so he doesn't have to be bothered. He's very smart too and so I'm sure lots of it is just laziness. Either way, I have my fingers crossed that he'll participate and take advantage of the opportunity.
Emalei who is in first grade is home sick today with a fever and aches. She's cutting molars and so I'm pretty sure that's part of the problem, but still, she's not well enough to brave school today. Part of me is glad for the company. The other part knows she really needs to go to school if she feels like it.
I'm sorting fabric and notions and deciding what to keep and what to give away so that I can get my sewing room organized and get back to work on the projects I have started. We'll see what happens.....
Monday, January 26, 2009
Aaron Jordan
Lovin Life
Kevin and Cat's Children
The New Baby