This is one of those days where if something is going to go wrong, it will do it today. Early this morning I had service men come to fix the stucco on the outside of the house, fix the squeaky stairs inside and touch up the paint on the stair railing. The floor people who were supposed to come, called and re-scheduled so the popping floor in the kitchen is still popping. I'm sure you are saying what popping floor, well, I'll explain. Months ago our dishwasher flooded the kitchen floor causing a big mess, and necessitating half the laminate wood floor to have to be removed, big fans set up to dry out the space, sheetrock replaced, and a new dishwasher put in. After several weeks of walking on concrete and having blue and green tape all over the floor, the flooring company came in and ripped out the rest of the damaged wood and laid a new kitchen floor. In front of the island in the kitchen, apparently the seam didn't get tight enough because when you step on it, it pops. So, it's irritating and shouldn't do that and the floor people were supposed to come back and fix it today. Now they'll be here on Tuesday.
Really, we've had no serious problems with the house inside or out except the dishwasher thing. Pretty good really I think.
Aside from the irritation of everything not getting done today, I lost my debit card somewhere. I had it yesterday I know for sure, but I can't find it anywhere now. I've torn the house and car apart as well as turning my purse inside out and going through every pocket and piece of clothing I could think of where I might have stuck it. I can't find it anywhere. So I quickly called the bank to report it lost and they cancelled the card and will send me a new one in 5-7 business days. It's not horrible, but it's a pain in the neck. Not everyone will take a check anymore. Not that I need to spend money, it's kind of like not having a car and not being able to go anywhere, even if you honestly have no where to go! Tomorrow will be better I'm sure.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Aaron Jordan
Lovin Life
Kevin and Cat's Children
The New Baby