I found my debit card tucked into a very obscure pocket in my wallet. I don't know how it got there or why I didn't find it the first 13 times I looked but finally the next morning, I tried one more time to find it and there it was, all safe and sound in that little, tight pocket. The bad thing is that I had already called the bank and cancelled the card and had them send me out a new one, which of course, won't arrive for 5-7 business days. I'm hoping by the end of this week it arrives.
There was a time not so distant, when there were no debit cards and you had to either carry cash or checks to do your business. Now, lots of places won't take a check and since our bank is based in Seattle, not So Cal, it's very hard to get cash. So...getting gas was a very interesting experience. I went to the station, I tried to get them to take a check, but there was just no way they were going to do it. So, I coasted home on fumes, hoping that I could bet back to the station when someone got home either with cash or Scott with his debit card. Luckily, Johanna had cash and so was able to bail me out. It got me thinking about how much we take for granted and how easy it is to get so complacent with our conveniences that we forget how to do things the "hard way". It's been a good lesson. Needless to say, there have been no side trips for a soda or lunch out! That's not a bad thing, but it has been a little challenging.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Aaron Jordan
Lovin Life
Kevin and Cat's Children
The New Baby